Abu Dhabi Safety and Security Planning Manual
Reassuringly, Abu Dhabi is a safe and secure place for its UAE Nationals, residents and visitors. However, we need to ensure that Abu Dhabi remains safe and secure and welcoming as it continues to grow and attract a range of diverse activities, peoples and opportunities.
To guide the development of safe and secure communities, the Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council, in collaboration with a range of Government stakeholders, has created the Abu Dhabi Safety & Security Planning Manual.
What is the Abu Dhabi Safety and Security Planning Manual?
The Abu Dhabi Safety & Security Planning Manual (SSPM) is an easy-to-use guide which works in line with the UPC’s suite of regulations, policies and guidelines. The purpose of the Manual is to ensure that safety and security are embedded in development proposals. The SSPM includes a series of safety and security planning and design principles that are bespoke to Abu Dhabi. It will ensure that neither the development community, nor those tasked with safety and security enforcement, lose sight of the overarching principles of Urban Planning Vision 2030.
The SSPM includes the following key sections:
- A series of universal safety and security planning and design principles
- An Integrated Development Process for safety and security planning
- A Planning Toolkit to help planners make the right safety and security decisions for their project site
- A Design Toolkit to support architects, engineers and landscape and urban designers in creating safe and secure places
- A series of Abu Dhabi-based case studies to demonstrate the principles of good safety and security planning